Författare Ämne: Färg/klädsel kombinationer M3 E36 3,2 Cabrio (BK91)  (läst 4825 gånger)

0 medlemmar och 1 gäst tittar på detta ämne.

Utloggad Robbom3

• M3 Entusiast
  • Antal inlägg: 44
Färg/klädsel kombinationer M3 E36 3,2 Cabrio (BK91)
« Svar #15 skrivet: januari 23, 2015, 22:00:35 »
Yes indeed I do

Utloggad MParallel

• Antal inlägg: 24
SV: Färg/klädsel kombinationer M3 E36 3,2 Cabrio (BK91)
« Svar #16 skrivet: januari 23, 2015, 23:34:23 »
Thanks Rob and Daw.

What makes you think Rob has two? Did I miss something?

If only my car was one of those two AW/L7SW's...

Daw, I see some interesting details in your Individual order option. It takes about the deletion of certain leather parts, although not the doorcards.

That sandbeige/brown is an interesting combo.

Rob: is yours a manual or SMG? I thought mine was low mileage, but yours is much less. Unless you do 20k km a year.

Utloggad dawwe

• M3 Entusiast
  • Antal inlägg: 135
« Svar #17 skrivet: januari 24, 2015, 02:50:34 »
MP: Well it says "Volleder Nappa" which, I believe, was only available on the M3, but with the addition "Restliche Innenausstattung wie bei Leder Montana beige, Schl.Nr. P7SN ", and I believe that "Leder Montana" (not volleder) was an option only available on non-M3, and hence differences in how much/little is leather covered..."Everything" is covered with leather (middle-console part incl armest, glovebox, panels below the steering wheel) except the doorcards where only the inlays are leather. I have removed all interior parts and all parts are "stamped" with a date corrensponding with the cars manufacturedate, so I do not think that "complete leather covered" doorcards was available from the factory for this specific interior...

Robo: Me too  ;D. Mine are "Orientblau with Sandbeige interior" (Individual) and "Technoviolet with Grey interior", yours:)? I notice on your last pic that your lowmilege car (sub 50000 km right ;D?) is suffering from the same issue as a lot of E36, that is "discolored" (heat-burned) inner plastic lenses in the headlights? Both mine showed the same issue, and they looked exactly like on your pic, a brownish "spot" in the middle of the dipped part of the headlight  >:(. The only cars that do not have this issue are those with "Hella pojectorlens headlights", which are pretty rare. Im not sure what decided if a car recieved these "projectorlens headlights" or not, but I have not seen "projectorlens headlights" as an extra option so it can be that the type of headlights that were availble at the factory at the moment were the once you got?
« Senast ändrad: januari 24, 2015, 07:10:33 av dawwe »

Utloggad Robbom3

• M3 Entusiast
  • Antal inlägg: 44
Färg/klädsel kombinationer M3 E36 3,2 Cabrio (BK91)
« Svar #18 skrivet: januari 24, 2015, 10:07:31 »
Hi

The Titansilber is an SMG and the other one is a manual Cosmosschwartz, also with L7SW. The latter has done some 120000 km.

MParallel: the previous owner only did 40000 kms during the 12 years of ownership.

The headlights lenses are yellowish (nice spoting) and definately need some attention.
I saw somewhere on a forum a guy who cleaned them and managed to remove the majority of that discoloration. I'll see if I can find the link.
« Senast ändrad: januari 24, 2015, 10:12:28 av Robbom3 »

Utloggad dawwe

• M3 Entusiast
« Svar #19 skrivet: januari 24, 2015, 10:36:48 »
Robbo: My lenses looked like yours, and it did not work "cleaning" them, unless you intend to polish/wetsand the burns away, that might work, but since the lenses are "serrated" on the side facing the lightbulb the task will be pretty time consuming. I opted for aftermarket headlights (Depo) with "DE-lenses", way better light than OEM. These aftermarket headlights can also be bought from Hella (I believe) but the price is pretty high, around 500€ for a pair, 4 times that of Depo...

What I have done is that I took the lenses from the main beam from one set of headlights and modified them so they fitted in the dipped-beam position, I'm not sure how this other type of lens will affect the "light-spread" and if it will pass the annual veichle check. I'm not using any of the original headlights, but I will for sure not throw them away. I have noticed that cars with "Hella" headlights have a differently designed lenses, and it seems that they do not get burned. Mine are Bosch, and everytime I'm at a junkyard I'm looking for these lenses in perfct condition, but so far I have seen none that is not burned, they have all been burned, some severly others little less...

« Senast ändrad: januari 24, 2015, 10:42:59 av dawwe »

Utloggad MParallel

« Svar #20 skrivet: januari 25, 2015, 22:25:03 »
Daw, all I know from my tons of E36 brochures is that M3's got Nappa leather, regular cars Montana leather. But both had standard and extended leather options.

Since I have a 328i cabrio as well, I can say Nappa is softer and smoother grain, but at the same time, extremely easy to scuff. The Montana leather can take some beating.

What also anoys me, is that the non-M full leather inserts, have a very nice, thick padded armrest part and nice dual diagonal stitchline, whereas on the M models, no padded armrest part, and only a stitchline around the armrest part. The whole surface where the door unlock handle is on, is just one big surface. I would expect some stitching on the M3's!

For this I am happy I have the side airbags, as this breaks up that big boring surface.

What headlight you guys have? My 328i now has H1 ZKW projectors (which I swapped for the ZKW H7 units it had). My M3 has H7 Bosch headlights.

I noticed only UK cars kept the older H1 units till end of production. Probably for costs, as the projectors are easy to switch from LHD to RHD.

Stock for stock, the open reflector H7 units give many times more light, but most prefer the look of the projectors.
Non of my units have yellowing so far.

Since I'm keeping the M3 factory, I keep the H7 Bosch units.
« Senast ändrad: januari 25, 2015, 22:27:23 av MParallel »

Utloggad dawwe

• M3 Entusiast
« Svar #21 skrivet: januari 25, 2015, 23:23:27 »
MP: My guess is that when it came to "Montana extended leather" (Leder Montana beige, Schl.Nr. P7SN?) the doorcards are not made of complete leather, that is the only reasonable explanation, or that P7SN is actually only not extended? My car has the interior labeled as "Volleder Nappa Sandbeige" but with doorcards from the "Montana leather line" as the buildsheet states. Other possible explanations are that a previous owner bought new doorcards (all 4!) for whatever reason but unfortunately the incorrect ones, that is not that "full leather" type. But then again, the date stamping of the doorcards matches the manufacture date very well, what a coincidence  ;D! Then again they could have bought used ones too, but than they can only buy from cars manufactured at earliest late 1997 because side airbags where not availble until then, and the Sandbeige interior was not the most popular option I believe...

Utloggad MParallel

« Svar #22 skrivet: oktober 01, 2015, 14:38:42 »
Not much going on here I see.

Managed to source a non-broken/delaminated CF ashtray to compliment the rest of the interior/theme

And after years of searching, I finally managed to get my hand on the little bracket (not visible) that goes on the other side of that black bracket that hold the GSM module in place between the rollover cartridge and (H/K) amp.

I had the big bracket for years and is still available, but it's useless without the smaller bracket that you need as well, which has been NLA for years. I had made up a bracket myself, but OEM is my religion.

I have seen in BMW EBA that on other models the GSM module on cabrio's is to be installed against the bottom of the roof stowage compartment, which means drilling holes in it, which is a 100% no no!

This is a much cleaner installation!

Utloggad MParallel

« Svar #23 skrivet: oktober 01, 2015, 14:41:48 »
Forgot the picture (I can't find an Edit button?)

Utloggad MParallel

« Svar #24 skrivet: januari 05, 2017, 14:16:33 »
Another year past by.  :)

Utloggad MParallel

« Svar #25 skrivet: juli 19, 2017, 13:23:11 »
Now with paddle shifters.